The Margate Arts Club is an intimate 150 capacity venue, that feels like a house party. We have been putting on gatherings with a nod to the David Mancuso/loft party ethos for since 2014. Gaining a cult following and a great reputation in the underground avant-garde music world and dance music scene. Our stunning sound system made by EM Acoustics, Linea research and tuned by Autograph audio is quality rather than bass heavy thumping.
The Margate Arts Club is a community interest company; the events we programme help cover the cost of the running of the building and enable us to host daytime events and workshops and offer the space to community groups for free. We work with local charities and organisations such as Mencap, POW Thanet and Margate Pride. The events also help support local individuals that need the space for projects and rehearsals. Our window is an ever-changing gallery to local artists.
You don’t need to be a member to attend the Arts Club, but a practice or keen interest in arts, architecture, literature, music or science is important and you must follow our code of conduct.
- The Arts Club is a queer owned organisation and venue. All members/guests must act in a respectful manner to each other and staff at all times. Abusive, violent, misogynistic, sexist, racist, transphobic, homophobic attitudes will not be tolerated and we will ask you to leave. This is an LGBTQI+ and female safe space. Have fun, go wild, but respect each others boundaries. Ask for consent.
- The main objective of the Arts Club is to facilitate the social intercourse of persons connected with or interested in art, music, literature, architecture or science.
- We ask that you vacate the premises quietly and be mindful of our neighbours. No drinks to be taken out the front of the club at any time.
- No smoking inside the arts club at any time.
- To gain entry, press bell under green letterbox to the left of the front door. Wait. Do not knock on windows or door, be quiet while waiting.
- If you are feeling under the weather, have a slight cold or feel like you are going down with something, stay at home. Even if its not Covid, no one wants your cold!
- Big love x